Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day

I'm very glad to be having a relaxing weekend after a good Valentine's Day. It started out a bit stressful as I got off from my internship way late though and nearly missed our dinner reservation. My boyfriend texted me finally around my lunch hour to tell me to meet him at Covent Gardens, which is my favourite part of London.  I love it.  We had dinner at Bistro 1, the food was really good, I'd definitely recommend the homemade fish cakes, I also tried a bit of Matt's spinach and goats cheese pancakes which were really good.  The restaurant had a lovely cosy atmosphere and the staff was really great, we were on a bit of schedule and they got us our food really fast.

We were in a bit of a rush because Matt surprised me with tickets to go see Shrek the Musical afterwards.  I've only ever been to one West End show, which was Wicked on my 24th birthday (so amazing!). I've been wanting to see another ever since, though Shrek wasn't in my top 5.  I actually really liked it though, if you like the Shrek movies you'll like this.  It was lighthearted, silly, and just what I needed after a long day.

So it ended up being a really good Valentine's Day, probably the best one I've had!



No comments:

Post a Comment