Monday, May 20, 2013

London Days Out



Things are definitely starting to get busy in my life, I started my new job this week, (yay!) and I might be moving into a new place soon (kind of bittersweet), but my highlight of last week was my best friend from university came to visit London for the first time for a holiday! 



I love acting like a tourist, and I even got to do a few things I hadn't before in London, like go to Kensington palace, and a few I hadn't done in awhile, like go to the Tower of London, which I haven't done since I was 14!

She came with her grandparents and brother, and it was kind of interesting to see some Americans getting to know this country I've become so familiar with (plus hearing accents from home was pretty refreshing!) and it was great watching people experience some things about this country I've come to love.  Perhaps none of us enjoyed the weather, but the food we had was definitely good! We ate a few lunches in South Kensington, where they were staying.  I'd definitely recommend the  Anglesea Arms there and Maggie Jones for some delicious but decently priced food!

Rachel and I both love to shop, so of course we headed to Oxford Street for a look around and I introduced her to some of my fav high street shops over here.  I couldn't resist picking up a new spring bag from new look.  It's a gorgeous coral and very spacious (of course!), perfect for summer!








No comments:

Post a Comment